The Global TB Market
Pathway to Patients: Charting the Dynamics of the Global TB Drug Market, was the first comprehensive analysis of how today's TB drugs reach patients on a global scale.
The study analyzed the pricing, purchasing, procurement and distribution mechanisms for first- and second-line TB treatments in 10 strategically selected countries — Brazil, China, France, India, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, South Africa, the UK, and the US. The study also assessed the size of the global first-line TB drug market.
THE GLOBAL FIRST-LINE TB DRUG MARKET RANGES FROM APPROXIMATELY US$310M-316M
Pathway to Patients points to the variability of the market dynamics among the countries studied, the array of complexities faced at all levels of the supply chain, and the highly fragmented nature of the global market. The research showed that the proper pathway for a new generation of faster and easier-to-use TB drugs requires a targeted and informed strategy at both the global and the country levels.
Results from Pathway to Patients
- Click here to download the Study Overview (.pdf - 880kb)
- Click here to download the Compendium of Findings
(.pdf - 1,000kb)
- Click here to download the the peer reviewed, published findings (.pdf - 380kb)
Comprehensive Results by Country
- Brazil Case Study (.pdf - 516kb)
- China Case Study (.pdf - 828kb)
- France Case Study (.pdf - 576kb)
- India Case Study (.pdf - 1,300kb)
- Philippines Case Study (.pdf - 872kb)
- Russia Case Study (.pdf - 600kb)
- South Africa Case Study (.pdf - 1,500kb)
- UK Case Study (.pdf - 632kb)
- USA Case Study (.pdf - 844kb)