The Global Alliance for TB Drug Development (TB Alliance) is holding its Stakeholders Association Meeting on October 7, 2002 in Montreal, Canada in conjunction with the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (IUATLD) World Conference on Lung Health.
- The first segment of the meeting is scheduled for 9:30-11:30 am at the Palais des Congres in Room 512F. At this session, we will review the progress, key developments, challenges and opportunities met by the TB Alliance since its inception, with particular emphasis on developments occurring after the last meeting in October 2001. We invite all staff of Stakeholder institutions to join us for this open session. We also welcome members of the Stop TB Working Group.
- Voting Stakeholders representatives will reconvene for a lunch meeting at 12:00 pm at the Wyndham Hotel in the Auteuil Room. This portion of the meeting will be dedicated to further discussions among stakeholders and the TB Alliance leadership, and to Stakeholders Association business matters, including the election of new members and of a new Stakeholders president.
We are pleased to announce that four new stakeholders institutions have been identified by the Nomination Committee for membership in the Stakeholders Association. Their membership will be presented for formal endorsement at the meeting. These are:
- The Japanese TB Association (JATA)
- The Katmandu TB Center of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
- India’s National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER)
- The Philippines’ Coalition Against TB (PhilCAT)